- Dropping Orion and Constellation (no more "near-term" manned moon focus)
- Keep ISS supported through 2020
- Extra $6B over five years
- Transition to Commercial LEO services (NASA now a customer instead of a supplier)
- Dollars for Robotic exploration
- Dollars for Technology demonstration to raise TRLs of some near-term technologies like automated rendezvous and docking and depots (for a crash course on depots – check out Jon Goff’s work – search depots on his blog)
- Dollars for basic research for some more long-term technologies.
"Today we are launching a bold and ambitious new space initiative to enable us to explore new worlds, develop more innovative technologies, foster new industries, increase our understanding of the earth, expand our presence in the solar system, and inspire the next-generation of explorers..."